The first step to designing a customized portfolio is gaining a deep understanding of your personal circumstances and investment philosophy. We do this by learning about your short and long-term goals, risk tolerance, current tax burden and values.
While knowledge and integrity remain the benchmarks of American Investment Planners LLC, it is technology that has paved the way for managing portfolios with greater speed and profitability. Just as meteorologists have greater tools to prepare for storms, our integrated resources enable us to respond to market fluctuations in real time. We can also identify investment models that are best equipped to weather that volatility.
No two financial plans will look alike, but the thorough process we use to assess a client’s financial goals all begin with these important steps:
1. OBTAIN in depth information about a client’s assets, liabilities and risk tolerance. This is gathered via a written questionnaire and personal interviews so that we have a complete snapshot of current circumstances.
2. IDENTIFY a client’s short and long-term goals and prioritize them so we can determine the best way to move forward
3. CREATE a preliminary course of action that considers the current market environment, the client’s lifestyle and challenges and then match those factors to strategic investment opportunities.
4. CONSIDER alternatives courses of action in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as market volatility or a change in health or marital status. No financial plan is complete unless it has taken the unexpected into consideration.
5. RECOMMEND actionable strategies, appropriate products and services that can be implemented to meet a client’s identified goals.
6. COMMUNICATE our responsibilities as financial professionals and our Code of Ethics. We also address how we will coordinate with any third-party professionals such as accountants, attorneys, etc. Again, the goal is to create a seamless, transparent and cohesive plan that meets the client’s needs and goals.
7. MONITOR and reassess progress to ensure that our implementation is meeting expectations. In addition, there is ongoing communication with the client to address questions, concerns and any unexpected challenges.
American Investment Planners LLC is committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in our relationship with you, our valued clients. We work hard to not only learn about your financial needs and circumstances, but your investment philosophy and personal values as well. Our pledge is to provide the most valuable and current information, services, and products to help you achieve financial security and a legacy to pass on.